- The USDIndex held fractionally lower below 106.00 following a short week and a hit in risk sentiment and stoked uncertainty.
- USDJPY drifted by 0.80% to 138 in a blow to risk appetite, by protests in China, a manufacturing powerhouse and Southeast Asia’s top trading partner, which flared for a third day and spread. – How will the government react to the wave of civil disobedience when COVID cases are rising ?
- Chinese Stocks & Yuan slump! – The dissent toward President Xi is greater than ever, as protestors in Shanghai urge for Xi resignation.
- Stocks – Wall Street closed in the red, while it has gapped down today as global equities tumbled on China unrest (NASDAQ -0.52%, S&P -0.03%. Apple set to lose 6 million Iphones professionals from tumult at China plant (Friday’s close -1.96%) – production could slump by 30% in its main Zhengzhou plant in central China.
- EUR – rebounded to 1.0395.
- GBP – holds below 200-day SMA, at 1.2065.
- USOil – -3.11% tumbled from 2-month support at $75 to $73.90 today, as China’s covid zero policy is put to the test, clouding the energy demand outlook.
- Gold – at $1750, under pressure along with the overall commodity market.
- BTC – slumps as uncertainty prevails. Currently at $16,168.
Today – There is a heavy data calendar that includes nonfarm payrolls on Friday. ECB President Lagarde & FOMC Member Bullard speak today.
- Advertisement -
Biggest FX Mover @ (07:30 GMT) AUDJPY (-1.80%), used as a liquid proxy for the Yuan declined to 92.14. MAs aligning lower, MACD histogram & signal line negative & falling, RSI 22 & OS, H1 ATR 0.2566, Daily ATR 0.9899.
Click here to access our Economic Calendar
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in Leveraged Products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.